25 September 2012

Surprisingly unchanged


2012
Every couple of years I draw myself. I drew another one this weekend after completing my art class homework, a blind (don't-look-at-the-page) drawing of my face. Since I was sitting in front of a mirror anyway, I figured, why not.

I coloured it in poor light conditions and am disappointed by how it turned out. Drawing in the dark -- dumb! But unavoidable sometimes. So I won't finish it, I think. That pink-orange face is too grating.









2006

Lots of people are really into self-portraits. My schoolmate Kate's are amazing.

Myself I find it unnerving. But I have done a few pictures of myself over the years, and I thought it would be neat to have them in one place.

Sorry about the untidy layout. One of these days I should move over to Wordpress.







1991
2010



2007
2009
2009




1 comment:

  1. I like the eclectic sprinkling of photos! And blogspot is easier than Wordpress!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete