03 February 2012

Influenzed

February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012

Day 7 of Ada's bout of flu. Very little drawing getting done, so just some doodles for this week. More to blame, though, are the extremely crowded busses of Route #95.

Here's a little citizen-activist idea for you:
1. Take a stealthy iPhone photo of your bus interior everyday
2. Blur out the passengers' faces using Gimp or Photoshop, etc.
3. Upload the photos daily to a blog that has an appropriate name, like, I don't know, "Trampled on Transpo" or "My Crushing Commute"
4. Tweet your posts everyday to some media people, say, Allan Neal or Hallie Cotnam, and to OC Transpo, until someone features you or something changes.

Seriously. What is going on with the #95? It's a nightmare.

Public transit isn't supposed to be like this, is it? You know, the belly of the guy standing in front of me almost touching my face while I sit, 7 months pregnant and struggling to breathe, in the priority seat I have to beg for every day? Or, the busses going by that won't even open their front doors because they're so packed? Last night it took 18 minutes of waiting at a downtown Transitway stop for me to get onto a bus. This isn't unusual, even though they're supposed to come every 4 minutes.


Someone, please, fix this. I love public transit. I can't afford to park a car downtown every day, or, you know, buy another one and insure it. Besides, I hate rush hour driving. I'm normally the last person who chimes in on "I hate OC Transpo" conversations. I actually like taking busses.

No comments:

Post a Comment